Saturday, October 3, 2009

Ringling Bros. and Barnun and Bailey Circus

A few weeks ago Jer and I bought some tickets for the circus! That day I went to pick up the kids at school and told them about our plans. They didn’t show any enthusiasm for it (I guess they didn’t know what to expect). André said “can we play there?” I told them about the clowns, animals, magic shows, etc. Naomi then said “that sounds boring”. So, I got worried that they would not like it and I just paid for 6 tickets, very expensive ones!!! Anyway, Jer and I had to be positive and make our family night fun.

Hace unas semanas Jer y yo conseguimos tickets para el circo! Ese día yo fuí a traer a los niños a la escuela y les dije acerca de nuestros planes. Ellos no mostraron ningún entusiasmo (me imagino que no sabía que esperar). André dijo “podemos jugar allí?” Yo les dije que había payasos, animales, magia, etc. Naomi entonces dijo “eso suena aburrido”. Entonces, me preocupe que no les gustaría y yo acababa de pagar 6 tickes, muy caros por cierto!!! De todas maneras, Jer y yo decidimos tener una actitud positiva y hacer nuestra noche familiar divertida.

We got there one hour early and we had the opportunity to walk around, try some of the costumes and see the elephants.

Llegamos una hora más temprano y tuvimos la oportunidad de caminar alrededor, probar los trajes y ver a los elefantes.

We don't like clowns, but here they are... playing musical chairs.

The show began!These little asian kids were amazing!

We saw the elephants playing basket ball, painting and doing a show. The magician disappeared an elephant! That was cool.

The tigers were awesome too! Naomi enjoyed the show.
At the end we had a successful night!
It was an amazing show and we thought it was worth it.
Al final tuvimos una noche exitosa!
Fue un show impresionante y pensamos que valió la pena.
Anyone who bought a bag of cotton candy got a magician hat. We didn't buy any because each bag was $12. At the end of the show a couple gave those to our kids, I guess they didn't want them :o)
Cualquiera que compró una bolsa de algón recibió un sombrero de mago. Nosotros no los compramos porque valían $12 cada uno. Al final del show una pareja regaló los suyos a nuestros hijos, me imagino que ellos no los querían :o)

1 comment:

{Alynn} said...

I'm so glad they had fun after all! I bet you were nervous! We haven't been to the circus in forever!