Thursday, September 17, 2009

Lakeland Elementary School 2009-2010

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
Ariana and André started school on Thursday, September 3rd. They got up early and got ready for school without any delays. André is in third grade! Our boy is growing up too fast. He likes his new teacher, Mrs. Conradt. I took them to school on their first day and I sneaked in their classroom to take some shots.

Ariana y André empezaron la escuela el Jueves 3 de septiembre. Ellos se levantaron temprano y se arreglaron sin ningún retraso. André está en tercero primaria! Nuestro hijo está creciendo tan rápido. A él le gusta su nueva maestra, Mrs. Conradt. Los llevé a la escuela el primer día y fuí a espíarlos en sus clases para tomar unas fotos.

André was putting away his school supplies.

Ariana is in first grade. She was so happy to return to school again. She loves it! Ariana is not with any of her friends from last year. She was a little disappointed at first but now she is making new friends. Her teacher’s name is Mrs. Dimmel.

Ariana está en primero primaria. Ella estaba muy felíz de ir a la escuela otra vez. A ella le encanta! Ariana no está en la misma clase con sus amigos del año pasado. Ella estaba un poco desilucionada al principio pero ahora está haciendo nuevas amistades. El nombre de su maestra es Mrs. Dimmel.

Doesn't she look happy?

Comming back home!

My little Omi is going to Kindergarten! She started on Tuesday, September 8th. She was excited to go to the same school with her brother and sister. I took her to school on her first day and to my surprise she didn't cry! Actually, none of the children cried! Her teacher's name is Mrs. Young. I love her, she was Ana's teacher last year.

Mi pequeña Omi está en Kindergarten! Empezó el Martes, 8 de septiembre. Ella estaba muy contenta de ir a la misma escuela con su hermano y hermana. La llevé a la escuela en su primer día y para mi sorpresa ella no lloró. La verdad, ninguno de los niños lloró. El nombre de su maestra es Mrs. Young. Ella me encanta, fue la maestra de Ana el año pasado.
The next day we went to the "bus stop". I saw the bus coming and I told Naomi "the bus is coming" she looked at it and said "no, that's not my bus!" so I had to say "I'm pretty sure it is! When the bus stopped Naomi said "oh! it is my bus". Yep, the Short Bus.
Al siguiente día fuimos a la "parada del bus". Yo ví que el bus venía así que dije a Naomi "el bus ya viene" ella vió el bus y dijo "no, ese no es mi bus" entonces tuve que decirle "estoy segura que es ese!" Cuando el bus paró Naomi dijo "oh, es mi bus". (En los Estados Unidos hacen burla a los niños que van en un bus chiquito ya que son usados para transportar a niños con deshabilidades).

6 comments:

{Alynn} said...

The kids look so cute for thier first day of school! I bet your house is so quiet now! : )

...E had to ride the short bus in kindergarten too, I thoght it was SO funny!

P.S. For some reason my reader hasn't been telling me you updated your blog, I'm so sorry! I'm commenting NOW on everything!

Jeremy and Immer said...

Don't worry. Some times I don't have time to update my blog and I have to do a couple in one night. I usually read other blogs when I'm doing mine and leave comments in a few postings too :o)

Justin Glennon said...

The kids are beautiful and look so happy and excited to be at school! Tell them hello for us. They are getting way too big.

Donnie and Christina said...

How cute! I love the first day of school! Emma gets so excited...she too rides on the little bus! lol

Summer said...

I can't believe that Naomi is in Kindergarten already!!!!! So cute! They are getting so big!

Kristie said...

That really made me laugh! The short bus... so funny. It must feel so quiet when all three of them are gone. Amazing that school doesn't make life any less busy. I thought we'd be hanging out all the time!