Thursday, September 17, 2009

Our "First Time..."

One of my neighbors gave me about 5 dozen of peaches from his garden. I made a couple of peach pies (Alynn’s delicious recipe) but then I needed to do something with the rest of the fruit before it went bad. I had never canned before so I called Grand-ma Kay to ask for help. We got together at her house in Issaquah and canned the peaches! Yes, it was my first time canning!

Uno de mis vecinos me regaló 5 docenas de duraznos de su jardín. Hice un par de pies (receta de Alynn) pero necesitaba hacer algo con el resto de la fruta antes que se arruinara. Yo núnca había envasado alimentos así que llamé a la abuelita Kay para pedirle ayuda. Nos junstamos en su casa en Issaquah y envasamos los duraznos! Si, fue mi primera vez envasando!

While we’re canning the kids and Jeremy were outside playing Frisbee. Then, André learned to use the lawn mower and mowed the whole yard for Grand-pa. The girls had to have a turn too so Jer took them one by one. Yes, it was their first time riding the lawn mower!

Mientras estabamos envasando los niños y Jeremy estuvieron afuera jugando Frisbee. Después, André aprendió a usar la cortadora de césped y trabajó por un par de horas para el abuelito. Las niñas también tuvieron que tener un turno así que Jeremy las llevó una por una. Sí, fue su primera vez montando la cortadora!

After we’re done, Jer and I went to the theater to watch GI Joe. Grand-ma and Grand-pa watched the kids for us but before we left I went to check on Isabelle and I found her in a little tiny crib:

Después que terminamos, Jer y yo fuimos al cine para ver GI Joe. Los abuelitos cuidaron a los niños y antes de irons fui a ver a Isabelle y la encontré en una cunita:

3 comments:

{Alynn} said...

Your peaches look so bright and pretty in the bottles! Doesn't canning make you feel like Wonder Woman!?!

I made a peach pie last night... and we ate it ALL!

Jeremy and Immer said...

Alynn,I really enjoyed canning! It's a lot of work for one person. I don't know how you do it by your self though. You are a Wonder Woman!

Stephanie said...

You are a wonder woman too Immer. I am always impressed by all you accomplish! What fun for the kids and nice for you to do some canning. Yay for school! They look so cute going off to school.