Monday, October 27, 2008

LOTS OF FUN

This last week has been busy and fun. Isabelle gets into everything now, she makes messes everywhere and she is so cute when I say “Isabelle, what are you doing?” and the face that I see is the one saying “it wasn’t me Mommy”…. well, something like that:
La semana pasada estuvimos muy ocupados. Isabelle desordena todo lo que encuentra en su camino, pero ella es tan bonita cuando pregunto Qué estás haciendo? y la carita que veo es como diciéndome "no fui yo Mami"... bueno, algo como esta:
The other night I was cleaning the kitchen after dinner when I heard someone in the bathroom so, I went to see and I found Belle trying to put her little training seat in the toilet (she is actually going in the toilet now, #1 & 2… yeah!). Anyway, I watched her for a while and then she decided to wash her hand and get dry after all.
La otra noche estaba limpiando la cocina después de cenar cuando escuché que alguien estaba en el baño, así que fui a ver y encontré a la beba tratando de poner su sentador en el hinodoro (la verdad es que ya va al baño a hacer las dos cosas). Me quedé observándola por un rato y ella lavó sus manitas y luego las secó.


This weekend we took the girls to an Aquarium at Redondo Beach (MAST). It only has a few tanks and they let people to touch some of the creatures. My kids love going to these type of places and they enjoy looking at the different fish, starfish, crabs, snails, sea cucumbers, etc.
Este fin de semana pasado llevamos a las niñas a un acuario que queda cerca de nuestra casa en un lugar llamado Redondo Beach. Solo tiene unos cuantos tanques y ellos dejan que la gente toque algunas de las creaturas que tienen en exhibición. Mis niñas les encanta ir a estos lugares y disfrutan mucho mirando a los diferentes tipos de peses, estrellas, cangrejos, etc.

Here is Naomi and Ariana pointing at some fish.
Naomi y Ariana viendo los peses.
And Isabelle says “pish”. Actually, she yells for every single one that she sees.
Isabelle dice "pish". La verdad, lo grita por cada uno que ve.
The girls touching a snail.
Las niñas tocando un caracol.
Ariana and Naomi had the opportunity to feed crab to a starfish and then they touched their little tube feet.
Ariana y Naomi tuvieron la oportunidad de alimentar cangrejo a una estrella de mar y luego le tocaron los tubitos.
Naomi's hand.
La manita de Naomi.
Ariana's hand.
La manita de Ariana.
Isabelle's hand.
La manita de Isabelle.
ANOTHER BIRTHDAY
Well, another one… I feel like I’m getting older and older so, I won’t tell my age. This afternoon I was cooking a special dinner for the family and the kids wanted to help me with it. Naomi helped peeling the corn for me, but she said “I won’t do the hair, Mom”. Ariana and Andre peeled the shrimp so I could make some Deep Fried Shrimp. We also made steak, mashed potato and Atol de Elote (hot corn drink).
OTRO CUMPLEAÑOS
Esta tarde cocine algo especial para la familia y los niños quisieron ayudarme. Naomi me ayudo con el elote pero me dijo "no voy a pelar el pelo, mama". Ariana y Andre pelaron el camarón para que lo hiciera frito. También asamos carne, puré de papas y atol de elote.

While we were making dinner Isabelle was running around and getting stuff out the dressers… I guess she got cold.
Mientras cocinamos Isabelle estuvo corriendo por todos lados y sacando cosas de los muebles...creo que solo le dió frío.
We had a nice dinner together as a family and the best present of all is to have my beautiful family with me.
Compartimos una cena muy bonita y el mejor regalo de todos es haber tenido a mi linda familia conmigo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Immer! I'm so impressed that Isabelle is doing so well at potty training... she must have taught Louis the fun of playing in it, because it's his favorite place lately! The girls were so brave to touch everything at the aquarium!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Immer! I'm so impressed that Isabelle is doing so well at potty training... she must have taught Louis the fun of playing in it, because it's his favorite place lately! The girls were so brave to touch everything at the aquarium!