Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hosting a Baby Shower

In our church we like to do service for others. Sometimes we seek and find opportunities and some others we are asked to serve. One of our leaders at church called me and asked me to throw a baby shower for a sister that was expecting a baby. Even though it was her fourth child she was in need of everything for her new baby and I was happy to help. First, I started with invitations. I Came up with the idea by looking on the Internet and thinking about what I wanted to do. I made 50 invitations, one by one but, my lovely Jeremy was so kind to help me cutting. Every single one was different from each other. En la iglesia nos gusta ofrecer servicio y ayudar a otros. A veces buscamos las oportunidad y otras alguien nos pide que ayudemos. Una de las lideres de la iglesia me llamo y pidio que organizara un baby shower para una hermana que estaba embarazada. Aunque era su cuarto bebe ella necesitaba todo para su nueva bebita y yo estuve contenta de poder servirla. Primero, empece con las invitaciones. La idea vino de buscar en el internet y pensar lo que queria hacer. Hice 50 invitaciones una por una pero Jer me ayudo cortando. Cada una fue diferente de la otra.



After that, I wanted to make something special for her so, I learned how to make a diaper cake. I searched on YouTube and found a video that showed me how to make it. Went and bought everything I needed and made my own design.

Despues de estas yo quise hace algo especial para ella asi que aprendi como hacer un pastel de panales. Busque en youtube y encontre un video que me enseno como hacerlo. Fui a la tienda y compre todo lo necesario para hacer mi propio diseno.




Baby was born a couple weeks early so we had the opportunity to meet her on the shower. With the extra diapers I made this:

Here she is, Cherilynn and her daughter Francilya.

I'm glad she had a great time and received everything she needed for her new baby. Estoy contenta que ella la paso muy bien y recibio todo lo que necesitaba para su nueva bebe.

3 comments:

The Lybbert Family said...

Awesome cake! You did such a great job.

{Alynn} said...

You should be a party planner! Those invitations and that cake?!? You're amazing!

Stephanie said...

I second Alynn's comment! Amazing!