Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sleep Over

Last Thursday my friend came over with her children and had a "sleep over" at my house. I was very excited because it was the first sleep over with a friend since I was a little girl. She came after all the kids were back from school. We prepared deep fryed fish & shrimp, corn, cheese biscuits, fruit and for dessert brownies!

After dinner Jeremy made a fire for the kids and we made smores. A few of my friends know that I'm not very skilled making those and I think Isabelle got that from me :o) This is her fist marshmallow {I'm glad she didn't tryed to eat it}.

El jueves pasado mi amiga vino con sus niños y se quedó la noche en mi casa. Yo estaba muy contenta porque era la primera vez desde que era niña. Ella vino después que todos los niños salieron de la escuela. Cocinamos pezcado y camarón fritos, elote, panecillos de queso, fruta y de postre pastel de chocolate.

Después de cenar Jeremy hizo un fuego para los niños e hizimos smores (marshmallos con chocolate y galletas). Algunos de mis amigos saben que yo no tengo ningun talento haciéndoles y creo que Isabelle lo trae de mi parte). Este es su primer marshmallo {que bueno que no intentó comerlo}.

I don't know why André decided to give Isabelle a marshmallow without anything to hold it. I didn't notice until Jer told me. It was messy.

No sé por qué André decidió darle a Isabelle un marshmallo sin nada para sostenerlo. Yo no me dí cuenta hasta que Jer dijo algo. Su manita estaba bien pegajosa.The girls played in the sand box, the weather was so beautiful that evening that we stayed up late.
Las niñas jugaron con la caja de arena, el clima estaba tan bonito esa noche que nos quedamos despiertos hasta tarde.
We also had a talent show from Isabelle, Ariana and Eva.
También tuvimos una presentación de talentos de parte de Isabelle, Ariana y Eva.


Jeremy and I set up the tents on the deck a few weeks ago and the kids have been sleeping out there for many days. That evening we sent all the kids to sleep out there and they loved it. Kristie and I watched a movie and enjoyed the rest of the night by our selves.

Jeremy y yo pusimos la tindas de campaña de los niños afuera de la casa hace un par de semanas y ellos han estado durmiendo afuera por muchos días. Esa noche los mandamos a dormir afuera y les encantó. Kristie y yo vimos una película y solo disfrutamos el resto de la noche solas.

2 comments:

{Alynn} said...

What a fun night! I bet Kristie was so happy to have a fish fry again! I'm so happy you did this! I'm so sorry Isabelle got your camping genes, I was hoping we started her early enough that she would be a little better at it! : ) The kids look like they had so much fun!

Kristie said...

Oh my gosh Immer, I laughed outloud watching the girls do their "talent show" yikes. What planet is eva from? Isabel is adorable, she makes me smile. That was so much fun!! We'll have to do it again. :)

p.s. great pic of Isabel with the marshmallow. so funny!