Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

We had a really nice and peaceful Easter this year. When the kids woke up they were very happy to find their easter basket on their beds. Naomi came to me and said "Mommy, the easter bunny brought me a basket full of candy!" so I said "uhmmm... the easter bunny didn't bring one for me, I wonder why?", she replied "because he doesn't know that your bedroom is downstairs". I thought it was a really cute and creative answer to my question. She didn't feel good though. She told me that her tummy hurt and after that she throw up her breakfast.

While getting the kids ready for church, Issy started to eat her bunny and some of the candy. She didn't know what was going on but just to have that much candy was really exciting for her.
We went to church for the first hour because we didn't know how sick Naomi was and had some friends coming over to spend the day with us. The other kids were okay and excited to come back home to hunt for eggs. It was raining so, they hunt them inside the house. They had a lot of fun.

After dinner the kids decorated eggs and cup cakes. They loved it!

Isabelle could not resist eating her cup cake, she didn't even wait to decorate it.
After eating so much sugary foods, Isabelle crashed on the couch for about three hours.

3 comments:

{Alynn} said...

Another traditional inside Easter egg hunt! : ) Your kids are all growing up and changing! They are so beautiful, Immer! I'm really hoping we can come up for a visit this summer! Am I allowed to invite myself? : ) Miss you tons! Happy Easter!

Donnie and Christina said...

I love all your traditions! I bet your kids LOVE that Easter Bunny! I just hope next time he finds your room. lol. Hope Naomi is feeling better. Happy Easter!

NACJMAC said...

Ohhh I miss you guys. You're children are so beauiful! I think of you often and miss you Immer! You are a very dear friend. Hope to see you soon. You guys can come visit anytime if you're up for a little road trip. We'll be over this summer to visit.