Sunday, October 19, 2008

Last day of the Week

Today I was thinking about how beautiful the Fall is in Washington. A lot of trees change from green to yellow, red and brown... I love that about this State! Guatemala is a beautiful country but we don't see trees changing colors during the year so that's something that I appreciate living in this country.

Hoy estaba pensando en lo tan lindo que es el Otoño aquí en Washington. Muchos árboles cambian de verde a amarillo, rojo y café... es algo que me encanta de este Estado. Guatemala es un país precioso pero no vemos que los árboles cambien de colores durante el año, y ésto es algo que aprecio de vivir en este país.

This is the view that we have when we drive somewhere. Isn't it beautiful?

Esta es la vista que tenemos al manejar hacia algun lugar. No les parece bonito?

These last few weeks Jeremy hasn't been feeling too good. He has a knee that is bothering him and he had to go to the doctor. Now he is going to phisical therapy once a week for the next three weeks (he already had his first sesion). Today he didn't feel good so he stayed home all day.

Jeremy no se ha sentido muy bien durante estas las últimas semanas. El tiene una rodilla que le ha estado molestado así que tuvo que ir al doctor el cual le recomendó terapia física una vez por semana durante las siguientes tres semanas (ya le dieron una la semana pasada). Hoy no se sintió bien al levantar así que se quedó en la casa todo el día.

OUR FROG DIED
One of our three frogs died today. It started to swell up and look sick the last few days until Jeremy decided that it was time to get it out of the tank. Jeremy put him in the freezer until the appropriate time when we could bury it in the yard (like we do with any pet that dies). After church the kids where excited about putting it to rest so Jeremy dug a little hole and asked Naomi to dump the frog out of the bag into the hole. She missed the hole and without thinking about it she picked up the frozen amphibian with her bare hand and set it in the right place. The kids called the frog a "frogsicle".

NUESTRA RANA MURIO
Una de nuestras tres ranas murió hoy. Se enfermó y empezó a hinchar en estos últimos días hasta que Jeremy decidió que era tiempo de sacarla del tanque. Jeremy la puso en el congelador hasta que llegara el tiempo apropiado para enterrarla en el jardín (como lo hacemos con las mascotas que mueren). Después de la iglesia los niños estaban emocionados de poner la rana a descansar, así que Jeremy cavó un pequeño hoyo y pidió a Naomi que pusiera la rana (que estaba en una bolsa) en el hoyo. Ella falló y sin pensarlo agarró el anfibio congelado con sus manitas para ponerla en el lugar correcto. Los niños llamaron a la rana “frogsicle” (rana helado?)

PUTTING THE KIDS IN BED
Every night when it is time for the kids to go to bed is the same routine:

Mom: Kids, time for bed
Ariana and Naomi: Can you tuck me in bed? Can you give me tickles?
André: Yes Mother!
Mom: Jer! I need help with the kids.
Dad: Okay, I'm coming.
Mom: Did you brush your teeth?
Kids: Nope.
Dad: I'll help them.
Dad: Immer! Isabelle is playing in the toilet! and she stinks!
Mom: Again?
Kids: I want a hug and a kiss... Could you read me a book?
Mom and Dad: Anything else? Okay then, see you in the morning.

But tonight Ariana said something very sweet. She asked me how many people live in my old house in Guatemala, so I said "two, my Mom and my sister Vivi". She said "I wish we had two extra rooms in our house, so Abuelita and Vivi could come and live with us. I miss Abuelita because she always gave me tickles when I went to bed until I was asleep". So thanks to my mom I have to rub my girls back for about 5-10 minutes while Isabelle reorganizes the girls room for me. Then she climbs onto the bench to turn the light on and off about 10 times. Then, she goes to André's room to pretend she is going to bed.

PONIENDO LOS NIÑOS EN CAMA
Cada noche es la misma rutina:

Mamá: Niños, hora de ir a la cama.
Ariana y Naomi: Me puedes meter en la cama? Me das caricias?
André: Si Madre.
Mamá: Jer! Necesito ayuda con los niños.
Papá: Esta bien, ahorita voy.
Mamá: Ya se lavaron los dientes?
Niños: Nooo.
Papá: Yo les ayudo.
Papá: Immer! Isabelle está jugando en el inodoro! Y ella apesta!
Mamá: Otra vez?
Niños: Me das un beso y un abrazo… Me lees un libro?
Mamá y Papá: Alguna otra cosa? Esta bien, nos vemos en la mañana.


Pero hoy Ariana dijo algo muy dulce. Me preguntó cuanta gente vivía en la casa de Guatemala así que le dije "dos, mi mamá y mi hermana Vivi". Ella dijo "Yo desearía que tuvieramos dos cuartos más para que Abuelita y Vivi vinieran a vivir con nosotros. Extraño mucho a Abuelita porque ella me daba caricias hasta que me quedaba dormida". Así que gracias a mi mamá tengo que dar caricias a mis niñas entre 5-10 minutos mientras Isabelle reorganiza el cuarto de las niñas, sube en la banca para encender y apagar la luz 10 veces. Después va al cuarto de André a pretender que va la cama con él.

Now, Naomi wears something different to go to bed every night and she's kind of crazy that's why we call her "silly monkey".

Ahora, Naomi usa diferente ropa cada noche para ir a la cama, es un poco loquita y por eso le llamamos "silly monkey".

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Molly loves to have her back tickled too. That is so sweet what Arianna said about the extra rooms for your mom and sister, I bet you wish that too.. Your blog looks so cute, Immer! I love it. And the slide show is perfect-what great pictures you have on there. see you soon!

Anonymous said...

I miss being in your home so much! So sorry about the frog - Caroline will be so sad. : ) Give that silly monkey and all the others a big hug from all of us! MISS YOU!