Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What an awful week!

Exactly two weeks ago Ariana got seek with a "stomach flu" (throwing up, fever and diarrhea). She had to miss school for one day and then she was perfectly healthy by Friday. Well, two days after that, Isabelle started with the same symptoms. My poor little girl got very sick. The day after that, Andre, Naomi and Jeremy got it! So, I had my whole family in bed. Andre and Naomi could not sleep for one whole night, just throwing up every 30 to 45 minutes. Isabelle had about 3 of those nights!... No fun...! She lost the pound and a half she gained in three months :o)

Fortunately I didn't get sick (I grew up around amebas, tape worms, etc. you name it, we have everything in Guatemala), I just felt exhausted and tired after a few days. By last Friday everybody was doing better and eating a little bit more. This week has been busy for me trying to get my house in order again. Now the kids got their energy back and they are doing their normal routing. Jeremy is feeling great and planning his dive weekend.

Ariana and Andre just started to participate in Track. They will have to practice every Wednesday after school. Today was their first practice and they had a lot of fun.

1 comment:

{Alynn} said...

Oh, Immer! That's horrible! Your poor family! I hate it when someone gets sick, because you know it's just a matter of time before every one is. I'm so glad that they are feeling better now. GO TAKE A NAP! : )