Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner last Thursday. Jeremy and Andre played a few games of Pokémon and the girls played around Grandma's house. I decided to take a look at the sales for the next day, “Black Friday”. I always thought that people must be crazy to get up at 4:00 in the morning to go shopping… Well, after finding a few things at a very good price I talked myself into going shopping the next morning. I was at Sears at 5:00am and then I went to about 5 more stores. I got home at 3:00pm, I was very tired, hungry, but happy with the stuff I found.

Jeremy stayed home with the mob and he did a good job taking care of children. When I came home all of them had an “L” and “R” on each hand and foot. It seems that they were playing Twister and they were getting confused with left and right, so Jeremy fixed the problem.

Last night I was thinking about all the things I’m thankful for. There are so many and I just wanted to mention a few of them. First of all, I’m thankful to my Heavenly Father for all the blessings and challenges that I have in my life. I’m thankful for…my wonderful mother and my two beautiful sisters that I miss all the time, for my lovely husband and children that help me to be a better wife and mother, for all of Jer’s family who have treated me with love since I came to this country, for all the people I’ve met through the years and to all of you that take the time to read our blog.

I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving Day!

El jueves pasado fue el Día de Gracias. La cena fue muy bonita y tranquila. Jeremy y Andre jugaron unos juegos de Pokémon y las niñas jugaron en la casa de la abuelita. Yo decidí ver las ofertas para el día siguiente "Viernes Negro". Yo siempre pensé que la gente esta loca para levantarse a las 4:00 de la mañana para ir de compras... Bueno, después de encontrar unos precios muy buenos en ciertas cosas me convencí a mi misma de ir de compras al día siguiente. Llegué a Sears a las 5:00 am y después fui a otras 5 tiendas más. Regresé a la casa a las 3:00 pm, cansada y hambrienta, pero contenta con las cosas que conseguí.

Jeremy se quedó en la casa cuidando a los niños e hizo un bueno trabajo. Cuando llegué a la casa todos tenían una "L" y una "R" en cada mano y pie. Parece que estaban jugando Twister y ellos se confundían mucho con la izquierda y derecha, así que él arregló el problema.

Anoche estaba pensando en todas las cosas por las cuales estoy agradecida. Hay muchas y solo quería mencionar algunas de ellas. La primera de todas es que estoy agradecida a mi Padre Celestial por las bendiciones y dificultades en mi vida. Estoy agradecida por la mamá tan maravillosa que tengo y por mis lindas hermanas a las cuales extraño todo el tiempo, por mi amoroso esposo e hijos que me ayudan a ser una mejor esposa y madre. Por la familia de Jeremy que me a tratado con amor desde que llegué a este país, por todas las personas que he conocido a través de los años y por todos ustedes que se toman en tiempo de leer nuestro blog.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

And I am very thankful for you Immer! I am also impressed at your good shopping. It takes guts to get up that early and go out with the crowds good job!